Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

My fight with depression

Before I was married and had children, there was a time that I suffered with depression.  It was a tough fight and at the time, I wasn't sure I was going to survive it. I sabotaged my happiness any time I came close to getting it.  I feel blessed to be married to hubby because there was a time that as much as I loved him I kept pushing him away.  With the help of medication and the love of my hubby, I was able to get through it.  I have been med free for approximately the last 10 years.

So you might ask, why am I sharing this now?  Well, depression is a condition that is always with you.  The last few weeks, I have found that I have been more emotional than normal and I seem to lose my temper pretty quickly.  I find myself getting frustrated with the kids over silly things and picking fights with hubby.  I recognize that this is not normal for me and I feel that it is time to evaluate what is happening in my life to discover the source of my issues.

I think that part of my getting through this time, is sharing and talking about it.  I know that when I suffered before, it helped when I opened up to my friends and hubby.  I don't want to suffer in silence.  I want to share my story because I know that there are people in this world who feel they are alone and I want them to know that they are not.  That even if there is not someone close to them who can relate to them, there are others in this world like myself who have been there.

Please keep me in your thoughts as I deal with this.  Also, if any of you are out there who know what I am going through, I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Depression is a hard thing, it is more hard getting out of that sad, dark place your mind has been in... After my miscarriages I went through a really bad depression. I pushes my husband and anyone who wanted to help away. I suffered in silence which made it worse... I've always had depression issues but that was the worst it ever was. Now on medication for the past year and a half I am feeling normal. My hubby gets me to talk and not keep it inside if he senses I am sad. You will be in my thoughts and I hope you don't suffer in silence.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Please leave me a comment:)